Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Blogger Postcards from Around the World


These postcards are now finding their way through the French postal system to a certain blogger whose name and address I received after we both signed up for Blogger Postcards Around the World #2, an event organized by Meeta at What's For Lunch Honey? For this event, each person sends a postcard (or three) to an assigned fellow blogger somewhere in the world and also then receives a postcard from someone else. Everyone writes about the cards at each end of their journey.

The theme was Valentine's Day, but I couldn't find specifically Valentine's cards at the papeteries, and although I found quite a few variations on postcards for 'I Love Paris' and 'I Love You', those didn't quite hit the mark for this occasion. I think that friends here don't generally wish each other 'Happy Valentine's Day!', and the focus is more on lovers and chocolate. Stretching to fit the theme, then, I chose a card that has a boy and a girl doing Parisian things like walking a tiny dog and sitting at a cafe, another that had confetti and the Eiffel Tower, and one showing a toy gorilla climbing a toy Eiffel Tower on a map of Paris, that kind of reminded me of King Kong's tragic love for Ann Darrow.

I'll post a link when my cards land on the blog of their recipient and of course I'll tell you all about the postcard I'm eagerly awaiting. Or, you can check out the other blogs that are participating.

Meeta's blog is also worth checking out for some nice photograpy and food blogging events. It's in my list of blog links now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen this event mentioned elsewhere and I just think it's the coolest thing ever! Now that I'm an adult who gets bills all the time I really appreciate how nice it is to get mail from a friendly face. :) I like the gorilla one especially, it made me laugh!


Ari (Baking and Books)

Anita (Married... with dinner) said...

Hi A!

We finally got your gorgeous trio of postcards, probably last week while we were out of town. I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog.

My writeup is here:
http://marriedwithdinner.com/archives/639