Thursday, February 15, 2007

Blogger Postcards From Around the World: Part Two


I received a beautiful postcard on Tuesday, just in time for Valentine's Day. It came all the way to me from Mumbai, India!

Nandita, who has a blog called Saffron Trail, got this card in Pondicherry, which is the former capital of French India. I didn't even know there was a French India, and that France didn't relinquish control of Pondicherry until 1954! A Google search led me to this site with some photos of the place. I also found out that many travellers are drawn to Pondicherry because of the Sri Aurobindo Ashram, a center for practice and study of a school of spirituality which combines yoga and modern science. Sri Aurobindo, a political leader who later became a spritual leader, wrote the verse on the postcard.
I'm separated from my fiance by an ocean right now, so there's no Valentine's dinner in my picture, so it is helpful and meaningful to me to think of our love transcending our lack of material contact.

But anyway, the material me celebrated Valentine's Day with a phone call home and a pastry from Laurent Duchene, on rue Wurtz: two heart-shaped almond-raspberry macarons with fresh raspberries and a nougat cream center. Pretty and delicious!



Check out all the other great postcards traveling around the world as part of BPW2.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This postcard event sounds like it was simply amazing, your cards are gorgeous!

Ari (Baking and Books)